Dr. Alireza Kazemi Abadi
Married, Two Children
23 December 1965 - Tehran, Iran
- PhD in International Law, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran (2013- 2016);
- PhD in International Law, King’s College London, London, United Kingdom (2005- 2010);
- LLM in International Law, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran (1995- 1997);
- BA in International Relations, School of International Relations, Tehran, Iran (1990- 1994).
- Deputy Head of the JCPOA’s Implementation Task Force in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2017-2019);
- Advisor to Minster of Justice (2017);
- Deputy Minister of Justice for Intellectual Property (2015- 2017);
- Deputy Minister of Justice for International Affairs (2010- 2015) ;
- Head of Secretariat for the Iranian Focal Point to the United Nations Convention against Corruption (2011- 2015);
- Head of Iran’s Peer Review Team relating to the United Nations Convention against Corruption (2010- 2015);
- Head of Drafting Team of Iran’s Third and Fourth Report on the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (2010- 2013);
- Supervising authority of the Iranian Council for National Planning on Intellectual Property Issues (2010- 2017);
- Deputy Head of Division for Public International Law, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2001- 2005);
- Second Secretary of the Embassy of Islamic Republic of Iran to the Netherlands (1997- 2001);
- Legal Advisor to the Iranian Delegationsto the OPCW, the Netherlands (1997- 2001);
- Head of Iranian Delegation to the Conference of State Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption (2013);
- Deputy Head of Iranian Delegations to the Conference of State Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption (2011 and 2015);
- Member of Iranian Delegations to numerous international conferences on intellectual property (20111- 2017), WIPO’s Ad Hoc Working Group on GRTKF (2011- 2015), United Nations General Assembly (1992, 1995, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2005 1nd 2010), the Ninth PrepCom of the ICC (2002),etc.
- Several publications on different questions of international law, including law of armed conflicts, international criminal law and international organizations.